What is this course about?
By the end of the course, you’ll have the next 3-6 months of content planned out, and a system for consistently creating content that your audience (and the YouTube algorithm) loves, without burning out. Through our core live lectures we’ll cover —
- 🧬 Build — Finding your niche, nailing down your target audience and value proposition, building your studio, the best gear at different budget levels, getting comfortable on camera, minimising friction in filming videos. If you’re a beginner, these sessions will be perfect for you. Even if you’re not, you’ll probably learn lots of useful things (we’ve had students with 100k+ subscribers who loved these sessions).
- 💡 Conceive — How to never run out of content ideas. We’ll help you build your own Idea Generation Machine, using our 6-part framework for capturing ideas from various sources and systematically generating your own. And we’ll talk about best practises for titles and thumbnails, arguably one of the most important features of a successful YouTube channel.
- ✍️ Construct — How to structure your videos in a way that appeals to both your audience and the YouTube algorithm. And how to add flair and branding to your videos to make viewers fall in love with your channel.
- 🔥 Create — How to create a content calendar and use parallel processing to boost your productivity, so you’re never stressed by impending video deadlines. And how to efficiently remix and distribute your content across different platforms to maximise reach and diversify your business. We’ll talk about the power of an email list (you should have this from day 1), and the difference between private vs public platforms to make your business more anti-fragile.
- 🚀 Expand — How to outsource editing (hint: you should be doing this as soon as you start making money), and how to work towards building a team of writers, researchers, editors and assistants around your channel, while remaining extremely profitable.