What is Gig Money?
Here’s How Google Defines The Gig Economy
Per Google search – A gig economy is a free market system in which temporary positions are common and businesses contract with independent workers for short-term engagements. The term “gig” is a slang word meaning “a job for a specified period of time”.
Here’s a fun fact about Google and the gig economy – Google now has more gig workers on their payroll than full-time employees. But wait, there’s more. Back in 2017, the CEO of Intuit said “the gig economy is now estimated to be 34% of the workforce and expected to be 43% by the year 2020”. Furthermore, it’s predicted that the “gig economy” will simply become “the economy”, as hundreds of millions of micro-businesses will replace hundreds of millions of 9-5 jobs.
If you look around, you’ll notice that there are gig workers everywhere. They shop for people, deliver food to people, drive people around and do just about anything else you can imagine. And here’s an even stranger truth: these days you can become a complete hermit and literally never leave your home. Live ever. And you can do that because gig workers are available to do everything you need.
Here’s My Definition of The Gig Economy
- You do small, short-term jobs (gigs) for businesses. The gigs are profitable for you. And when you finish a gig, you forget about it and move onto something else.
- You are not married to anything. You don’t deal with an idiot boss, annoying co-workers, annoying customers, company politics, stupid meetings, off-shoring, salary-pruning, cost-cutting or any of the other typical business drudge.
- You do a gig. You get paid. You walk away. And you do it all on your own schedule, at your own pace and your own way.
- It’s NOT a full-time endeavor, second job, part-time job or any other type of employment.
- It’s a gig. You only do the gigs you want. You always get paid what you want. And when the gig is done, you move onto the next one.whenever you want.
- In the gig life, you and only you decide what work you’ll do, when you do it and how much you’ll be paid for it. It’s freedom 101.
Download Gig Money